
Today I got up, bought some milk (YUM) at the farmers market down the street and felt GLUM when I got back to the house. I think I'm still having re-entry-itis. Only one cure for this: get the H**L out of the house! So I bought a $8 all-day metro/commuter rail pass at hit the rails!

First off was the southern-most line to Noralunga. The way down looks remarkably like the Pacific coast near Malibu. Haa! Where am I?

Choo! Choo! The commuter rail is diesel-electric. Kinda like what Austin is getting next spring. They put the motor on the roof and it just hums along at a constant RPM, charging batteries that provide power via electric motors to the wheels. Kinda like a hybrid car, but no regenerative braking. It's kinda noisy I think. Plus I'd rather hear the engine rev.

I was hoping for something a little more exciting than this strip mall at the end of the rail line. Those of you who speak spanish might find the name of this SUV funny. It's been giving me laughs since I lived in Chile, where it roughly translates to "jerk off."

Since I had an hour to kill, I went into the Harvey Norman. It's a bit like a baby department store. I did like this little bar setup. Whadya think Sally?! Pretty please!?

This makes me laugh, too. Ding ding! Your trolley has arrived.

I headed back to the central train station and hopped on the train to the Outer Harbor. It might have well have been called the F-Line... The Port residents have a rather colorful tongue, I might assert.
I found this little gem: $4 2-hour dolphin cruise Sunday afternoon. Let's do this some time! I got a $2 tea and milk and sat and wrote a postcard before walking back to the rail stop.

I saw this Paddington Bear in a storefront on the way back. I love it.

Along with the colorful language comes colorful graffiti. I did kinda like this station decoration.
Next up: a pictorial essay of one of Adelaide's many adult shops. South Australia was recently voted the "most kinky" state, so I think this one deserves some playful investigation. Haaa!
1 comment:
The bar set-up is very nice, Brad! As are the dolphin tour, Paddington, "most kinky" status, and your great idea to get a little travel therapy for only $8!! Brilliant.
Post a Comment