
When I arrived in Adelaide, two of my co-workers picked me up at the airport. While doing errands that afternoon around town (to keep me from falling asleep!), they told me all kinds of useful information. An SUV is called a "ute" here (as in "utility") -- it is also the name of what looks like an El Camino. I can't remember what else they told me now, as I was half asleep after 30 hours of travel. I do, however, remember that they said South Australia (the state in which Adelaide is located) was recently voted "the kinkiest state in Australia." Naturally, I awoke (albeit momentarily) from my haze to register that comment...

My house is located in the Austin equivalent of Hyde Park, but with a little more car traffic -- it's a nice suburb located just off downtown. The funny thing is that on my 20-minute bus ride from Flinders University to my stop, I must pass maybe 5 or 6 sex shops (officially, I think they sell "marital aids" and "adult toys").
This is the store located by my house. It's called "96." Frankly, I think this is a rather unfortunate name for the seller of adult pleasure aids. Not to be disgusting, but take a moment to envision this...I call it butts to backs. Not too much fun, but I guess 69 Goodwood Road was already taken (hmm... tomorrow when I go for coffee, I'll find out what "69" is selling...
So, in anticipation of our upcoming honeymoon, I decided to take a look inside... :) [devious smirk]

"I'll take 'naughty,' thank you." Keep in mind, it was about 95 degrees yesterday and just about no humidity, so Santa would probably work up a sweat with all that red wool and white beard (Hah!). These ladies in storefront are dressed a little more appropriately for the weather.
Inside is a whole array of pleasure products. Some tasteful, some crude (or maybe, shocking, as you might expect). But mostly, it seemed pretty much on the up-and-up. Being an American here seems to open a couple doors (at least one to the adult shop) and the buxum and pleasant lady that runs the place showed me around [laughing to myself -- HAAa!]. I found some fun stuff that will have to remain a mystery... [more devious smirks]
No comments:
Post a Comment