Happy hour is the way to go for beer in Australia. It can be kinda pricey -- $6 for a pint (I guess that's $4 or so U.S., but it still sounds expensive). But, before 7pm, it can be had for about $4 around town. That's the way to go. And this patio is gorgeous. Plus, I grabbed a stray copy of some Aussie business journal (The Wallaby Street Journal -- HAAAaa [sorry...]). It was pretty interesting. Their finance minister is basically telling them to tighten their belts, although they are arguing over whether we can expect 1.5% or 2.0% growth next year. Whatever... At any rate, the commodities market that drives South Australia's economy is taking a major hit with the world economic slowdown. The other half of S.A.'s $ comes from agriculture, and the 3rd year of drought here locally is dampening harvests. I guess that's partly why the Aussie $ is off 40% from the July high...
But I digress. This beer is darn tasty and the view is great. I'm going back tomorrow I think. Plus, Silvi (the woman who runs the dance group) said she's looking for drummers (and dancers, Sally!) to add to the few she already supports. There might be another A.S.S. some day soon -- The Adelaide Samba School. Worth a try.
Oh, Adelaide also has a FINE local brewery: Coopers (http://www.coopers.com.au/home.php). Very yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment