07 June 2009

Fajitas 'n Margaritas Dinner Party

Last night we had so much fun having our friends over for fajitas and margaritas. Brad and I had found a grill which Brad got working quite nicely and he cooked up his trademark chicken and steak fajitas, grilled capsicums (red, yellow, and green peppers), and onions.

I did the meat marinade and it turned out quite yummy - Tallinn asked what was in it so here it is: soy sauce, brown sugar, onion, garlic, lime juice, fajita seasoning (which has onion and garlic powder) and cumin. Chipotle salsa was enjoyed by all, compliments of Peggy, Brad's mom who lives in Austin. Thank you, Peggy! Hand-made (hecho a mano) tortillas and special wedding tequila (boda brew) were compliments of Tallinn - gracias, querida! The tortillas are VERY special in light of the fact that (a) I have yet to find a store in Adelaide that sells corn meal and (b) Tallinn called her Grandmother in Mexico City while she was making them just to make sure they were made in just the right way. Wow!

I also made my first ever batch of margaritas, following Brad's friend Tom Wiles' not-so-secret-now recipe, and whipped up my special Mexican hot chocolate for dessert (milk, cocoa powder, kahlua, tequila, and salt). Later on I decided it would be a good idea to put vanilla ice cream in the Mexican hot chocolate so I walked around and put a dollop in everyone's mug. (By the way, we have quite the hydrogeology mug collection thanks to Brad shipping all of our kitchen stuff over.)

After dinner Delman led us in a samba family jam and we discovered that not only does Tallinn have a gorgeous voice but she can really shake the chocalho! So Fernando, Delman's brother, signed her to his record label on the spot! Well, not really, but he might as well have.

Thanks, everyone, for a fun evening!






No comments: