15 June 2009

Let There Be Samba (and Salsa!)



Delman and I hanging out after playing out (brief!) 10 minute set at The Gov. We played on a salsa exposition evening with lots of local Adelaide dance troupes -- everything from people dressed like 1930's gangsters doing swing, to reggaeton, to the samba dancers (all 25 of them!!!) that we played with. Good fun! Delman is the leader of our samba group, called Sambasi, and also is a mean conguero (someone who plays the congas).


Here's Delman playing the congas with Son Veneno, said to be Australia's best salsa band. They are from Sydney and they kicked butt. Sally and I really enjoyed dancing to their music.

Gitin' sweaty and takin' a break...


... while the band plays.


Relaxing before the show. L to R: Fernando (Delman's brother), Andy (Talin's husband -- to the right), Christina (Delam's wife [no Delman yet]), Brad, Sally.


Carlos and Brad -- I met Carlos at and Int'l Association of Hydrogeologists meeting in Lisbon in Oct. 2008. Small world, huh? He's doing a Ph.D. here at Flinders University. It's great to see familiar faces in a new town.

More adventures soon...

No comments: